Armenian Churches in New York, NY
Located in the Oakland Gardens neighborhood of Queens, the Armenian Church of the Holy Martyrs (Diocese) was consecrated in 1958. In 1967, the church started the Holy Martyrs Armenian Day School, which it still runs today.
The Armenian Evangelical church is located in the Murry Hill neighborhood of Manhattan. The church's beginnings date back to 1896 when it was officially formed as a group and in late 1921 the current building on 34th St. was purchased by the Church. Af ...
Located in the Hudson Heights (part of Washington Heights) neighborhood of Manhattan is Holy Cross Church of Armenia (Diocese). In 1929 the church was established with the purchase of their own sanctuary. In 1950 the church purchased a new sanctuary, stil ...
St. Illuminator's Armenian Apostolic Cathedral (Eastern Prelacy) is located in the Gramercy neighborhood of Manhattan. The church's structure dates back to 1923, but it was purchased by the Armenian church in 1935 and has been in use since then.
Located in the Murray Hill neighborhood of Manhattan, St. Vartan Cathedral (Diocese) was conceived of for a number of years prior to its construction, until it was finally consecrated in 1968. The architect for the church was the prominent Walker O. Cain ...